Sunny Day Cafe is Open for Business
The Sunny Day Cafe, in Bel Air, MD US is open for business. It is the place for breakfast in town. I meet a friend at 7:15 and they have all the outside tables set. By the time we leave all the tables are filled inside and out. People just want to be somewhere else but home.
Google Street View: https://goo.gl/maps/u3wbteMHddX5Ugnv6
All my submissions can be viewed here:
What is the main thing in your photo that you want the viewer to notice? What are you trying to say with your photo? A single focal point will not only make your photo more interesting but will also help the viewer to understand your message. You can use the rule of thirds and leading lines to point towards your single focal point but there are several ways to accentuate the focal point even more:
- Colors - think of one red apple in a group of green apples
- Contrast - for example a white flower against a leafy dark background
- Sharpness and a shallow depth of field - for example a pair of shoes that is in focus shot against a cobble street that is not in focus\
- Blur - use the panning method to blur out the background while your subject seems to be frozen in motion
- Position and space - make use the composition rules and make sure that your photo is not too cluttered so that it is easy to see your single focus point.
If you really want the viewer to only pay attention to your subject, you can take a negative space type of photo where the background is extremely minimalistic . However, single focus point photos usually do include some type of background. It adds more context to your single photo point and assists in making it the main subject of the photo.